contact-us twitter arrow-right arrow-down search facebook map email close arrow-left arrow-up translate

Main Header

School Logo

St Thomas More's Catholic

Primary School and Pre-School

Interactive Bar

  • Facebook
  • Contact Us

Building Fund

Catholic Schools are only funded 90% by the Government. We are required by law to raise the other 10% of the cost of developing and maintaining the school buildings to pay for building projects such as the ones below.


When parents choose a Catholic school for their child, they are asked to contribute, however, most do not, meaning that this 10% (around £9,522 each year – approximately £9.20 per pupil, per term) has to come from school funds.




Gift Aid

Most of the parents who contribute to the fund do so under the Gift Aid Scheme. Under this scheme, the school can reclaim from HMRC the basic rate tax you have already paid on your contribution. This increases the value of your contribution at no cost to you – for each £100 that we receive, the school claims back an additional £20! And if you are a higher rate taxpayer, you can claim relief on the difference between the basic rate and the higher rate of tax.


The Gift Aid declaration can be completed through your child’s SCOPAY account.


Contact Details and Useful Links